If someday we want to buy our dog food or just DIY it by ourselves, our dogs may need a diet with balanced nutrition dog food to let them stay healthy. What is good nutrition for dogs mainly should contain some dog nutrition like:
- Minerals and vitamins
In any event, we ought to make sure the what is good dog nutrition for our beloved dog when purchasing or creating dog food, which should go with the right mix of nutrients. We ought to look for the “complete and balanced nutrition” signs on the product label if we doing purchasing dog food. On the other hand, if we want to make our dog food with good nutrition, that might be better to use some recipes created by nutritionists, which are meant to be “complete and balanced” normally.
Afterward, we might also want to know both dry and nutritious wet dog food could provide our dog good nutrition up to some points. So many experts prefer dry food because that may help keep the dogs’ gums and teeth healthy.
Some essential good nutrition for dogs
To figure out what is good nutrition for dogs, we need to be clear that more importantly, the essential good nutrition for dogs in the very first place.
- Water:Despite losing all of the body fat and half of the protein inside the dogs’ bodies, they may still be able to survive. However, just like us humans, water could be very important because they may die if losing 10% of the water inside the dog’s body, can you believe that? Owing to that fact, water could make up more than half of the bodyweight of an adult dog.
Despite the lots of dog food that we can reach on the market may not have tons of water inside, that is not enough for our beloved dog technically. As for that. We have to make sure our dogs always drink clean, fresh, water available all the time.
- Fats: Equally, fats inside dog food could provide our dogs with lots of energy. That also can help let our dog’s hair and skin stay healthy. A few important fatty acids for our dog ought to be followings:
- Linoleic acid
Considering that our dog’s body may not able to create enough essential fatty acids on his or her own, thus our dogs may need to eat some dog food that contains them daily.
- Proteins: Like us human beings, body tissues were made of proteins. This is to say, the dog body could create 13 of the 23 amino acids only that were the building parts of proteins. Then, some other 10 may need to receive from the dog food.
- Carbohydrates: Similarly, carbohydrates could come from the vegetables and plants in our daily life. The fact that every time our beloved dogs consume the grains and vegetables, they may get:
The carbohydrates power the tissues inside the dog’s body, at the same time, are also helpful for keeping the dog’s intestines healthy technically.
- Minerals and vitamins: Either way, there are some needed for lots of the chemical reactions inside the dog body, like building bones also letting them stay strong all the time. Which should include follows:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin D
- B-complex vitamins
Normally dogs do not need to have vitamin C in the food because their bodies can create some.
Hence, every time our dogs consume good nutrition dog food, they may not that require some mineral or vitamin supplements up to some points. That is the truth that offering our dogs some supplements could be dangerous if do it improperly.
Good nutrition for dogs need to be fed on a Schedule
More importantly, we ought to beware about adult dogs ought to be fed once or twice a day normally. Mostly, some larger breeds of dogs ought to be fed at least twice a day, then they may not get bloated or overeat up to some points.
Regarding some experts, they do agree that treats and table scraps ought to be less than 10% of our dog’s daily calorie consumption. In the same way with us human beings, that could make issues that human beings may catch, like heart disease or diabetes and so on…
Additionally, our veterinarian may be helpful with figuring out the dogs’ nutrition diet with the good nutrition and the feeding schedule to keep our beloved dogs stay as healthy as they can.
Nutritionally balanced homemade dog food recipes also can go with good nutrition
Normally we would like to prepare the best nutritional dog food especially with the wholesome, healthy things inside, which could be an excellent way to make sure that we know the health benefits of everything that gets into the dog mouth that we’re feeding.
That’s not hard to know that, lots of dogs may respond well to a homemade dog nutrition balanced diet if come with allergies, skin conditions, or frequent gastrointestinal upsets. Do you know that?
It is undeniable that we will take full responsibility for all of the dog’s nutritional requirements if we decide to cook all of the meals for him or her at home. In that case, we may need to consult a nutritionist or our veterinarian to make sure that the homemade ideal dog food were giving our dogs everything he or she needs to maintain healthy and also happy all the time.
What if we’re a klutz in our kitchen? No need to worry about such a thing. Under those circumstances, we may try to add wholesome but fresh food to the dog diet daily.
Given those points, a few excellent foods of us human beings that dogs may love, also the dog body may find healthy, which including:
- Some beef is cubed or ground
- Some lean turkey or chicken, but ought to be no bone and skin involved
- Some boiled pasta with no sauce involved
- Most of the fish, also some salmon and tuna
- Some cooked or raw liver, but should be less than once a week to prevent the vitamin A toxicity may build
- Some sooked whole grains, such as wheat, couscous, brown rice, oatmeal, or even quinoa also deserve a try
- Leafy greens like lettuce or some others
- Some milk, plain yogurt, or cottage cheese goes with a small quantity each time
- Some cheese without any pepper jack, no any flavored cheeses or spicy should be fine
- Some organic peanut butter, no commercial one peanut butter because of the sugar and additives could be high
- Mostly any raw or steamed vegetables, like the broccoli, carrots, green beans, cauliflower brussels sprouts, peas, and so on …. except onions
- The eggs in scrambling, poached, or hardboiled, but should be less than a few times per week.
- Sometimes some organic apple cider vinegar could be added to the drinking water for our dogs with one teaspoon roughly in a quart of water, so that can aid to digest and also deter some fleas.
- Some boiled potatoes, the more colorful those potatoes are, the healthier they were. At the same time, we may want to know that brown and red potatoes could be harder for dogs to digest. One more thing that needs to mention about is, those sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, which were not true potatoes, but come with a flowering plant root.
- Lots of fruits, for instance, pears, apples, and bananas with small portions. But no grapes or raisins.
To repeat, the good nutrition for a dog should contain what we just listed above, transferring to a dog through the dog food, can get all those he or she needs in a portion of dog food, How do you think?
Overall, dog food nutrition can vary just like our human food nutrition. If you were wondering any other related questions like “what do dogs need nutrition?”, “what is a good dog diet?”, “What is a healthy diet for a dog?”, “how much protein does a dog need in its diet?” or “what can my dog eat?” .. Then you are in the right place, we may talk about them one by one next time. Thank you very much and good luck to you all!